I thought for my first blog post I would go over an essential.
Candle care is something I didn't really know much about until I began making candles myself, where I thought candles had been poorly made and were tunnelling or had excess smoke, it was actually because I wasn't caring for them properly!
So, I am here to give you a few tips and tricks to ensure you get the most out of your candle!
- It goes without saying, but is an important reminder - never, ever, ever, ever, ever leave your candle burning unattended or within reach of pets, children or drafts/draughts.
- When burning your candle, always allow the melted wax to reach the outer edge of the glass. This will encourage an even burn and prevent the wax tunnelling I mentioned earlier.
- To preserve your candle and its fragrance, its not recommended to burn your candle for more than 3-4 hours at a time.
- Always burn your candle on a flat, stable, heat proof surface and allow to cool before handling.
- Allow the candle to solidify before relighting.
- Do not burn the candle when less than 1cm of wax remains in the jar.
- We recommend you store your candle out of direct sunlight.
That's it for my tips! Do you have any more I've left out?
What's your favourite candle scent?
Lots of love,